Saturday, December 1, 2007

Spice Rubbed Roast

The spice rub for this roast packs a good amount of heat, while maintaining a delicious flavor. Our crockpot broke so I searched for a recipe for an oven roast. It is slightly spicy, but the flavors complement the beef really well. The recipe called for a sirloin tip roast, however I just bought a beef roast that was on sale at the grocery store that day. I think it would work well with whatever kind of roast you choose. I also tripled the spice measurements because it just didn't seem like enough to cover my roast.


Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast


Recipe found from Allrecipes

Ingredients: (I tripled the spice amounts and just added enough oil to create a paste)

1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (3 pound) sirloin tip roast

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix the spices. Stir in olive oil, and allow mixture to sit for about 15 min.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (I just did this in a roasting pan)Place roast on baking sheet and cover on all sides with spice mixture.Roast 1 hour or to a temp of 145, let stand 15 min. before slicing.

I served the roast with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.

1 comment:

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is