Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dill Potato Salad


Last night, I called my good friend Sarah seeking her culinary expertise for a side dish to make with our steaks last night. She never dissapoints. I told her I had red-skin potatoes and zucchini. She told me she had the perfect recipe for me, a dill potato salad. I modified it slightly to what I had on hand and it turned out delish!


Recipe
3 lbs new potatoes
3 tbsp White wine vinegar (this I did not have, so I used (per Sarah's suggestion) pickle juice)
½ C. Dill
1 C. Sour Cream
½ C. Mayo
¼ C. flavorful cheese (I used feta)
(I also added about 2 stalks of chopped celery and a little salt and pepper)

Boil potatoes until tender, meanwhile mix the sour cream, mayo, dill, celery, cheese in a bowl. Drain potatoes and add the vinegar (or in my case pickle juice) over the potatoes. Mix potatoes with the dressing and chill.

For the steak, I just seasoned New York Strips with Tastefully Simple's Mild Morrocan Seasoning Salt and grilled outside. I am a novice at taking food pics, but you get the idea.

No comments: